Exciting Eco Friendly Crafts for Kids

There is one thing that I have strong memories from my childhood...doing things with my parents! Strangely, these exact activities are turning into my hobbies as an adult and are bringing me lots of joy!

Spending time with your child will develop the bond between you but it may also lay the seed of developing many skills. And with summer right around the corner, our little ones will need extra challenges and projects to stay busy and motivated!

Here is one idea for making this summer fun and educational!

Save 10% on Gift Subscriptions to Green Kid Crafts
Working with kids, I know that they love it when things are "secretive" and there is an element of surprise.

This element of surprise and the enthusiasm for learning can be achieved with fun, creative and earth-friendly craft projects, delivered each month by GreenKidCrafts

Your child will receive a green crafts packet each month. Each packet has a box with green projects for your child to complete. The box has enough materials for your child to complete 3-4 projects out of one box. This way they can have a weekly fun assignment out of each packet received.

The themes of the boxes are different. The goal of each project is to engage your child in creativity, self-reliance, and green living. They will be learning to make things themselves while engaging in nature and creativity.

Getting a project that needs to be assembled, put together and "figured out" develops lots of critical thinking. It also helps your child to be comfortable exploring the unknown.

Green Kids Crafts products are wonderful choice for families. I find that they are reasonably priced. and affordable. Your child will be looking forward to something new and exsiting each while developing many skills through play.

After checking them out, don't forget to let us know what you think!

13 comments:

I like that they have themes. I think the green living one would be a hit here!

Happy to see you linked at Super Sunday Sync!! Appreciate it! :) I'm your latest follower.

August 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM comment-delete

Thank you! Yes, I love that they have different themes and the crafts are never exactly the same.

August 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM comment-delete

What a fun idea!! I would have loved this when my kids were younger!! I checked out the website...there is some reason cool stuff on there. I'll be keeping this in mind for gifts for my niece and nephews...they're at just the right age!

August 31, 2013 at 3:23 AM comment-delete

Thank you, Michelle!

August 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM comment-delete

Maria this is nice. I was looking at the website and I wondered what age group it was for. My son is 16 months and I would love to have some eco-friendly activities for him. :) Thanks for linking up to Mommy Monday again.

September 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM comment-delete

Hey Brittney, the age would be around 3-9. I would think about getting the monthly boxes when your son gets closer to 3 For right now I think it would be great to explore just one or two of the individual easier ones to make and have bonding time doing it together

If you click on the website and go under Eco Products then Birthday Activities, there is a kit about water colors. I feel it's easy, can be great to do together and can also be fun for parties esp. if there are older kids. Check it out, let me know what you think.

Maria

September 2, 2013 at 7:40 AM comment-delete

these kits sound wonderful! thanks for linking up to Kids in the Kitchen :)

September 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM comment-delete

We have tried them before - they are good for parents who don't have a lot of time to hunt down projects!

December 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM comment-delete

Robbie, thank you for your feedback. It is so important to hear from readers who have tried the product:)
Yes, it can be a great tool for parents who do not have time to find projects or simply need ideas about interesting projects with their kids.

December 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM comment-delete

I'm always looking for ways to improve my impact on our world. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing via Mommy Monday
XOXO

December 21, 2013 at 6:26 AM comment-delete

I love that this is eco-friendly and that they have themes! This would be a great gift idea. I was ecstatic when I saw they deliver to Canada too! Awesome. Thanks for sharing!
xoxo

April 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM comment-delete

Yes, a great and unique gift idea indeed! Thanks for the update that they also deliver in Canada, this is great to let the readers know!

April 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM comment-delete

What a clever idea! I love earth-friendly projects. What a valuable lesson to teach the kiddies. Thanks for sharing this! :-)

My kids are older but I know at my house, we are really into re-purposed jars and containers. We like to use them for just about everything, including fun crafts.

Love and Luck,