- Learning the cup song in parts
- Creating an orchestra setting (starting together, watching the conductor, etc)
- Playing games (experimenting with different tempos to see if the ensemble will stay together
I changed the song and added the rhythms that I would need to teach in the first pieces the students would learn. In this class, we would be learning syncopation and dotted rhythms. We got to preview and practice the rhythms in a fun way.
Cup contest: the students got to “create” their song and we had a contest!
- The students had a lot of fun with it!
- The students got to work as a team and be creative together!
- Even though we didn’t have the instruments yet, we still got to learn the new rhythms needed to start the semester!
- You can have a successful music class…even if you only have a plastic cup!