1. You will have absolutely no free time.
2. Scary parents and unruly students will haunt you way after after the end of the school day and way after the Halloween school party is over.
3. You will be answering a lot of weird questions…surprisingly mostly from adults
4. You might eat ramen noodles for about the first three years of your career.
5. The world around you starts falling apart right around November…I mean now. It is back to normal in January. Then it falls apart again in April. You get used to it.
6. Often you will go to staff meetings and you will wonder why…
7. There is a natural balance of frustration in teaching caused by the triangle of communication – administration, parents and students. When one or two are under control, I can guarantee that the third one will start causing frustrations.
8. You will love teaching, but after you learn to take care of yourself and take a step back.
9. If you don’t have a sense of humor, you are done!
10. At the end of the day you are so tired that…you forgot there were ten things you were writing about!